RENEA failed to catch him several times, Ylli Zalla says in Court: I surrendered, this time I was waiting for them to come home

2026-08-19 13:36:00 / AKTUALITET ALFA PRESS

RENEA failed to catch him several times, Ylli Zalla says in Court: I

"I surrendered, I was waiting for them to come!" , this was Ylli Zalla's statement this Wednesday afternoon as he appeared before the black squads, two days after his arrest.

Media sources indicate that, just like dozens of other times during his statements from the run, today he has denied the accusations leveled against him and his involvement in the Riansi assassination, which left Gilmando Dani and Muçi Shaljani as victims.

During his speech, Zalla disputed the version that he tried to escape from RENEA, saying that he was the one who confronted the officers and surrendered.

"I surrendered, I was waiting for them to come. I was nearby. The State Police, the Tirana and Kruja police have put me at odds with the entire area and they want to kill me," he said.

However, the Court has decided to keep him in prison. Zalla is accused of criminal offenses related to weapons and ammunition found on his property, as he had been wanted for months after allegedly providing weapons to the perpetrators involved in the November assassination attempt last year.

In court, the defense requested a more lenient sentence. The lawyer's argument was that the seized weapons were old and some of them did not work. According to the defense, there is no evidence that Zalla used them for criminal activity.

Zalla had been wanted since November of last year. RENEA forces were deployed to arrest him, while the operation also attracted attention due to the fact that he had been able to escape several police checks.

The day before his arrest, a significant amount of TNT was placed in his home in the village of Zalla in Fushë Krujë.

Even after his escape, Zalla has publicly denied any connection to Rinas' assassination. In an interview with journalist Spartak Koka, he said that on the day of the assassination he was in his apartment in Fushë-Krujë and then went to Patok for a few hours.

According to Zalla, he only learned about the incident after he returned and heard the news. He insisted that his movements could be monitored through security cameras and that police searches of his apartments and premises had not yielded evidence linking him to the murder.

Meanwhile, he has made another claim, saying that he had learned that a large sum of money had been offered for his elimination. According to him, the goal was to close the assassination file without revealing the real perpetrators.

Po ndodh...

ide